Sunday, 2 March 2008

Mardi What?

The massive crowd

the pope would have been proud :-P

does tis do anything for you??

Spot the Elvis.. tis was actually the view for ivy and me most of the time.. too much pushing and shoving

It was gay and lesbian weekend at Sydney. Weather was great, there was a good atmosphere in the city but the Mardi Gras show was a waste of time. The crowd was rowdy, lots of pushing, had to stand for a long period of time and the show was trashy. We waited for almost 2 hours for the thing to start but left after 30mins. I suppose we were expecting lots of quality exhibits, floats, brilliant costumes and proper dance routines. I guess the aim for Mardi Gras was for gays and lesbians to walk the streets proudly.

23 comments:

Kaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaz said...

Ju-Ju, It's Mardi Gras!
I don't think the words "quality" and "tasteful" are synonymous with the festival. The festival is held to celebrate sexuality, and it's done in the most flamboyant way :D

Anonymous said...

WTF??!! Since when were you into this kinda stuff? God made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve. It's not even square pegs in rounds holes. It's pegs vs pegs!

Hey, did you receive the doc already?

mich said...

interesting festival?? my friends were asking me to stay back an extra week in new orleans as it's mardi gras too at the end of march.. but well.. am not taking that offer up!!!

Ben said...

i guess most of us are not pro gays+lesbian :-P I wonder why they need a day to celebrate tat.. why not a day to celebrate sexuality in general..sounds like an orgy now :-P

Kaz said...

Err ... I respect people's individual tastes though I don't subscribe to their point of view.

The same as everyone else who wants to celebrate something that's close to their own heart - Teacher's Day, National Women's Day, Pink Ribbon Day ... :D

Anonymous said...

Whatever floats yer boat, I say! (Just as long as you don't try floating mine :-)

Who's voting in the next elections?

Anonymous said...

What election are you referring to, Ying Yee? M'sia?
Not I, definitely. Hope you choose the lesser of two evils

Ben said...

me not registered voter.. never voted b4 :-P

anyway, heard that mahathir and ling liong sik sons are contesting tis time. yyee.. any preference?.. anwar seems to be playing games.

Anonymous said...

Bunch of homophobes!

Anonymous said...

Kev,
Wait till you get roughed up for picking up a bar of soap! (not that I've experienced that!!).

More importantly, if everyone is homosexual, the human race will simply vanish in less than a century. There will be diseases and lots of accidental mishaps involving 'falling' on a bar of soap in communal showers...... watch your back...side

Ben said...

i wonder where is lingie.. he's ta gay magnet ^_^

Anonymous said...

Ben: I've always thought that voting is a responsibility each citizen owes to his or her country. You know, for the future of the country, the good of the rakyat and all that.

So I shall turn up at my voting centre this Saturday and cast a vote for balance. IMHO otherwise as a country Malaysia might disappear faster than the human race in a gay world :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmm I thought it was not good etiquette to reveal your political orientations.

Re. glbt discussion - dudes - we are in no position to judge and appreciate why they are 'that way'. From what I understand, we don't get to 'choose' our sexuality. Imagine if being gay was the norm and being heterosexual was not (ignoring the reproduction aspect). I can't even start to describe what life would be like!

Gays guys are actually quite fun to be with - for some reason they 'switch off' when they know you are straight and also they have their own taste - you might not be their 'type'! Just like we don't hang our tongues out at just any female that walks past.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, I'm not a gay magnet...do I look gay ? I'm straight man...I...{sob} {sob}... I'll wear 3 pairs of underwear...in case.

Actually, I won't mind visiting the New Orleans Mardi Gras, but definitely not the Sydney one. Not my cup of tea. Someone else...well, it's their choice, as long as they stay far far away from me.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, not voting. Have not registered, and have never voted in my life. Don't think I want to brave the traffic just to go in and vote, especially with the manhunt going on now. The traffic is really bad.

Anonymous said...

Lingie,
You don't have to be gay to be a gay magnet.

Homosexuality is just plain wrong. Otherwise, we would have been created as asexuals, just like the snails

Anonymous said...

Dude
It seems wrong in our eyes but like I said - we don't know how they feel.

Let me ask you guys - what if one of your kids comes out of the closet in his/her teens and declared he/she was gay. How would you react?

Ben said...

Hmmm.. homo discussion.

My take..homosexuality is not correct and should not be encouraged. Just because a person has a natural attraction towards something, does not mean it is correct and should be pursued or experimented. Is it right for adults to be sexually attracted to little kids?Is it right for a guy to be attracted to a married woman? But i do agree, some people are naturally like that.

As to Kev's "what if"... i dunno how i would react or do. but i know that i will not encourage him/her to explore or accept it. there won't be a simple answer or solution. even my answer here to the gay issue is over simplistic ^_^

Anonymous said...

very interesting....

maybe that is why topics like politics, sex and religion are usually avoided in conversations because it is tough to clearly say what is wrong and right as everyone is entitled to their own opinions :-) . Except for a couple of big no-nos like murder, abuse in any shape or form (don't get me started) and fashion fauxes (let's not even go there!).

Er - the weather in UK is quite crap today. Ho hum.

mich said...

sex, politics & religion... we all have our opinions... good luck to those who have a different orientation to the norm... but what is norm?? like in politics.. what is good and what is bad... i guess we are maily conformist..

well.. i had my say in the elections....

Ben said...

sex, politics and religion ARE interesting topics to discuss precisely because of the diverse opinions and believes we all have. as karen said, we don't have to subscribe to each other's believe or opinions.. just respect them.

Anonymous said...

Go back to nature, that's what I say. Due to the perversion of things from humankind, it has led to a number of problems. Homosexuality is one of them. If my offsprings happen to be one who subscribes to such sexual orientation, the first and foremost is that he or she is still my offspring and the unconditional love will NEVER change. However, they must be taught what is right and what Nature has intended for humankind.

Reformasi......