The title has nothing to do with George Bush. Ivy and me revisited Ku-Ring-Gai National Park over the weekend for a good 3 hours bush walk workout. Ah.. trying to stay fit for the new year. The walk started out with baking hot weather and ended with a thunderstorm.. irritating. Our food experiments continued over the weekend.. ivy tried her hand on making ratatouille and even sukiyaki, and i cooked up my oyster mornay.. ahhh.. yummy. The 3 hours bush walk sure helped keep ta balance ^_^
31 comments:
Staying healthy ... good, good.
That 3rd photo looks like a pose from the '70s ... heehee ...
how's your family cycling expedition getting along? ^_^
Wow, it's great to see you guys are staying healthy...
Actually, I thought in the 3rd photo Ben looked lost. Thinking of a bubble with the words "man, where did I put that compass ???"
hey hey.. the word is "COOL" ^_^
and compass is soooo.. 90s. gps is ta word now :-P
It would be cool but for the fact that he has a towel slung around his neck like one of those cuci kereta guys ... harharhar ...
Or did you mean "cool" as in 'temperature'?
Err ... cycling ... hmmm ... we're 2 bicycles and a babyseat short :P
hey.. "jaga kereta" gets quite a lot these days.. if you give them 20cents.. they will threaten to scratch your car. at least tat's wat happened when i in KL :-P
gud thing i was with friends then.. they told tat guy "we know where you work.. hantam you if we see a scratch on the car" hee hee..
No cycling expedition. Don't want to be doing it on my own ;P
It's too bloody hot anyway.
It's good to get back to nature, isn't it? I'm still waiting for Hayden to grow up a little more before I can take him camping. The way it is, Teagan looks more like the type who will enjoy outdoor activities than Hayden. He's now preoccupied with Star Wars. Just bought him a Lego Star Wars set - General Grievous, the 4-arm droid in Episode II
nature is good.. $11 entrance fee is bad ^_^
Sorry Ben.. haven't got round doing the walks with you guys. Tamworth is the culprit. Hopefully we'll go at least once before summer/autumn is over. Also, need to get shoes hmm..
Btw, any suggestions to get rid of pigeons? They're such a nuisance. :(
Re: the 3rd photo
Initially, he was posing in the same side view but with mouth half open. don't know for what reason. i commented on it and he changed to that 'cool' look. :P
ah kim..wat happened to ta cat?
or you could try using your bro's pict as a scarecrow :-P hee hee...
looks like i need to post more full pictures of ivy to silence her ^_^
20 sen???? You el cheapo! No wonder the guy want to scratch your car. Ei, kacang puteh oso cost more than RM1+ now lah.
Kim, you could try your Taker's method of throwing coins at them. That's if you already have a cup collected sitting on your shelf :)
Yes, I used to keep a jar of 1 and 2-cent coins particularly during summer when the bloody birds chirp at 5am in the morning. Hence, it improved my (basketball) shooting considerably!
Ben,
When are we going on our camping trip? I'm serious
i cant wait to get out to the bush... hopefully nothing spoils the yearly cny affair out in kelantan somewhere...
gosh.. how did you manage to get out walking with such heat!! the bush looks pretty un-covered?! or i guess it's just my perception that since i usually go bush walking here.. and it's got a nice thick cover! :-0
and more food galore!! wow!! thinking about cny around the corner and the amt of food there's going to be... hmmm... yumm-yumm
it's quite a good trail. the pictures were taken on the open trail section. had to rush later on in the walk coz the weather suddenly changed and started to thunder.. couldn't take many photos then.. too busy trying to cabut :-P
ah khoo..go camping lor. we can arrange the next time either of us visit melb or sydney. shouldn't be too tough getting camping stuff.
Ok, I'll make a biz trip to Sydney probably before winter. Not sure if my wife wants to come along, no fancy toilets out in the bush
I'm thinking more of water gun for the pigeons. I might see the cat this w/end and we'll decide if we want. Maybe it can chase the pigeons away!
AKhoo.. tak nampak bayang-bayang in Sydney yet.. so I'm stil waitingggg.. ..... .....
Kim,
Itu bayang-bayang takda mau keluar, apa macam ne? Manyak susah lo oi
i do hope you 2 did not write like tat for your SPM malay
I got.... C4 or C5 for BM. I still remember the Malay teacher said that I "ada bakat" when commenting on my karangan :O
seems you have bakat in berpantun ^_^
Ahad hali gua pigi cali awet,
awet ang mo manyak cun tapi dia takda suka cinapek,
kata gua mo klassi macam apek-si
gua takbole tahan, gua cakap "mau kena?"
cakap manyak manyak nanti kena tendang Cantona
the hidden talent is now surfacing....
Bush walk is interesting. I wonder where you find the time & energy to do it. I envy your current life-style ... forever honeymoon!!!
wat forever honeymoon.. ivy and me have barely stayed together as husband and wife for a year :-P
i merely swapped my badminton/bball time with gym and occasional new activities. but this is how it is here in Oz.. especially when you have no family, kids or close friends around. if we don't find ways to keep busy, we will go looney.
ah khoo.. is that PJ bahasa or wat?we definitely do not use such bahasa in JB and i have to struggle big time to understand it.. bah
ben, that shows how cinapek akhoo is! =)
Ok, all this malay is giving me a headache trying to understand. Sigh...me no malay understanding.
Hey Ben at least you have the bush to trek to. All I have here is the hot humid sun and bukit timah hill...
Hm - this short lesson on Bahasa would be 'useful' for me when I am back in KL for CNY :-)
Trekking sounds like a good start to the year. Am just warming myself up for skiing this coming Saturday - hurrah for holidays!
Post a Comment