Rain rain rain... tat's the weather story for Sydney for the last few days and the days to come. Dunno where summer went to. We decided to enrol ourselves in yoga classes since we couldn't really do much outdoors. The type of yoga was "Bikram". It involved doing those funny postures in a sauna like room. We were instructed to do about 26 postures in a "heat" room lasting 90mins. I was sweating like a dog, was wondering when it would end.. and tired like mad. The problem was not the posture, but the freaking heat and humidity. Anyway, it gives a good workout. Going this Wednesday again.. hopefully i will do better this time ^_^
13 comments:
Erm ... just make sure you aren't too close to the person infront of you when they bend over for one of those manic stretches!
wah ini apa punya kongfoo ah?
Looks like everyone is doing the 'alternative' thingie going into spiritual wellbeing "stuff" - wanted to say "sh*t" but too impolite. Yoga should be good. I'm still doing my Pilates, which is a bit more vigorous than yoga
I prefer outdoor stuff..but the weather does not permit :-P
I did previously attend some yoga classes at Monash. That yoga focused more on breathing and being aware of your body. The current one is more physical. They actually make you do single leg lifts at funny postures. Personally i prefer the Monash version ;)
akhoo.. do you remember the chi-kong class we attended in melb?? tat made me feel awful while doing it... dunno why :-P
Actually, Ben you looked like you were pushing yourself beyond the breaking point.
Ah Por looked more like in a meditative mode. Looking at the pics, I assume you guys are doing it via some video or TV ? Wanted to try Yoga, but found I could only stretch as far as my knees, so maybe very difficult to do yoga.
we were just playing around wif the postures in our living room lah. we have to attend the classes in proper "heated" rooms at the yoga center.
All I remembered from the Qi Kung class was I can't stop laughing. Apparently, I must have invoked the crazy laughing nerve
Umm...where do you guys find the time?
The closest I get to exercise is 3 hour site walks, though the cardiologist who saw me might beg to differ...
Must be the weather here :-(
we don't run a business, no kids and no relatives around. that should explain the time thingie ^_^
anyway, it won't always be like this.. just making the most of it for the time being.
i was about to ask the same as yy?? gosh... looks like time is something you guys have in hand...
my working hours are getting longer, and the only exercise i get is going to site, if not it will only be exercising my fingers with all those emails & phone calls!!
well.. yoga looks fun... and stretching it a little!! :) keep up the good healthy lifestyle...
it's quite tough to do all tis back home. i know i couldn't when i was working in spore. 6 days work week and meetings till 9pm... i was even late for my dinner appt with akhoo at 9.30pm when he visited spore coz of meetings. it's more worthwhile if it is your own business, but quite silly doing those hours for other ppl.
forgot to mention another condition to long working hours.. don't mind doing the hours if compensated accordingly ^_^
Not sure what sort of yoga pose you had there Ben ... but would be useful in event you ever need to tie your shoelaces while standing up ;-)
Can't agree more with Ben about the long crazy working hours culture back home. Don't think I can ever get back to that, regardless of compensation. Work/life balance is my top priority!
Second what LP said - balance of life/work is so important to keep us sane, healthy & happy.
I'd never give in to work and more money at the expense of my family.
Post a Comment