Sunday, 23 August 2009

Malas

Yup, the title says it all.. I AM LAZY ^_^ Can't really blame laziness for the lack of blog entries, bad events have happened, shan't dwell on it. Ivy and me have been keeping ourselves busy. Photos below:

Back to bush walking with kim, ernest, alex and suzanne (ivy's is censored as usual ^_^) Some place called Wildflower Forest. It was a 2 hrs+ walk with a good mix of terrain. Nice place.

Do i look like the guy in ta photo ???^_^

Ivy and I were at Luna Park one of the weekends. We were only there coz there was a nearby sunday crafts market that ivy likes. The photo is blur not coz of my photography skills but it sure saves me the time to edit ivy's face out ^_^

Ivy and I decided to take advantage of the good weather to go fishing at one of the many parks around here. We seem to be visiting a new park almost every week and there are still heaps more which we have not visited. This time, it was Akuma Bay. A beautiful place... can't say much about the fishing though.. caught nothing (as usual :-P)

I get along with this one colleague in the office, Bora. We went hiking with our partners at a place called Bottle Brush Forest. This is easily the best trail we have been thus far. There's a little stream with amber green tinged water along the trail. A 2hrs+ trek with varied landscapes. We will definitely visit this place again.

My work team.. from left, bora, me, ken, mohd, ashley, amanda, kate, lucy, alin, victoria (my manager) and maria. The large object (which i photoshopped in) is called a pressure reducing valve. That's what i install all around sydney ^_^


16 comments:

Ling said...

It's been a while since I checked in, but it looks like I did not miss much :).

Bad things ?? Nothing tragic I hope.

That thingie that you install looks interesting. It looks like something that would fall out the back of the enterprise when they get hit by some romulan warbird. :) And the team you work with looks like any bunch other bunch of engineers :). So how does it feel to work for a woman boss ?

By the way, if you haven't checked it out, you should take a read of "History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi". Not too bad. Quite a nice read, don't expect einstein material though. I also just finished reading 20th century boys. Was pretty interesting...although I have no idea why though ???

Ben said...

I think the customs have problems letting those valves into the country.. it looks like some weapon and worse still, it comes from Israel ^_^ All the females (except my manager) belong to the communication department.. they handle the complaints during construction and when we lower the water pressure in an area. Working for a female manager is fine. She's a brit and has a good working attitude. We get along quite well.

Yup, i do read "History's Strongest Disciple". Not an intelligent manga like Naruto, but entertaining. I also follow bleach, claymore and 07 ghost. All brainless manga's which i haven't a clue why i read them :-P

Ling said...

I'm currently upto date on:

Naruto (patiently waiting for he weekly updates)
Bleach (same)
History's strongest disciple
Fullmetal Alchemist

Started Vagabond, but got a bit bored of it. :)

What's claymore and 07ghost ?

Ben said...

Isn't fullmetal manga similar to the anime?? Claymore is a swordfighting manga. Female fighters get infused with spirits and given swords called claymores. They get really strong coz of the spirits but at times the spirit takes over and the fighters become very strong devils who gets out of control. Quite a good manga, however it is only updated monthly.

07 Ghost has a similar concept of ghost inside humans, but has a church feel in it. Has a similar feel as D-Gray Man (oh, D-Gray Man is quite gud too, the 1st 100+ mangas are gud but the writer has gone looney lately.. dunno what he is writing about). I used to follow Gantz too, but they stopped updating it at onemanga.com.

Like you, i look forward to every friday for Naruto updates ^_^ kishimoto is brilliant!! I honestly dunno how he is able to build a plot and develop a character like he does.

Ling said...

I agree and fully concur on the Naruto comments. :) Hmmm...actually, the original anime, ended towards the middle of where the Manga is, and the story diverges at that point. The manga is still ongoing. Which is why I believe they started another anime call Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. This is a new ongoing anime that follows realy close to the manga, but manga is way ahead. :)

Hmm...maybe I should check out Claymore and 07 Ghost. Never read D-Gray Man.

Jun Han's father said...

Hi Ben, nice pictures. Why Ivy does not want to show her face?

The water pump thingie ... almost tricked me. However, I noticed the light direction and shadow do not match the piture. Then I reliaze your note say it is done by Photoshop. Silly me, I should have read 1st, instead of looking at the photo.

Anime ... I don't follow. I follow ... Playhouse Disney channels like Word World, Animal Mechanicals, etc.

Ben said...

Ah Teng, i have been watching the latest fullmetal anime. It's almost identical to the previous version, except for a few very minor changes. I suspect they re-released it to earn more $$$$. After all, it was a really good anime. I will probably check out the manga to see if it is any better ^_^

Ah Yang, tat's not a pump :-P It's a valve.. hee hee. I will try to photoshop the photos more convincingly the next time ^_^ Have been playing around with photoshop lately. I think you will enjoy reading the manga once you spend a little time reading a few chapters of naruto. Maybe, we will have a naruto late nite session when i am back this time ^_^ Btw.. the iphone is easily the best phone i have used so far ^_^

mich said...

Ben - your valve is floating!!
kinda got used to you posting blogs and since you've been offline.. was wondering what you've been up to..

I love those treks.. wished it was cooler here so we could do it more often..

Ben said...

mich.. i will try to photoshop my photos better in the future ^_^

walking in the heat is not a problem for me.. but walking in 90%++ humidity is ^_^

Ling said...

Ah Yang,

I'm also very current on Playhouse Disney...Word World, My friends Tigger and Pooh, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...and the lot :) Kinda forced into it though.

Bennie, then I think the Fullmetal you're watching is Brotherhood...it's the only ongoing Fullmetal Alchemist anime now. The old one is finished as far as I know it. At least that's what was updated. The brotherhood version tracks very closely to the manga. It's a pretty good manga.

BTW, so what made you switch from HTC to Apple on the phone ? Am thnking of waiting for the Palm Pre and decide then whether to get that or the iPhone. Til then, my trusty touch dual will suffice.

Ben said...

ah teng, yup, i am using an iphone 3gs now ^_^ my old htc dual has been very hacked with the latest winmobile 6.1 (i tried 6.5 but it slowed the mobile badly). my htc is way better than how it came originally with, but it is no where close to my current phone in terms of usability and elegance of use.

palm pre looks nice too.. but i don't think you will have the number of applications available for the iphone. but i suppose u are attracted to it coz of the slide down keyboard.

al@n said...

You guys lost me with your manga books (or comics?).

Anyway, good to see some life after a long hiatus from blogging. Good to know some things haven't changed - like Ivy's obscurity. Hahaha..

Can't wait for the weather to get better here. I don't mind the cold but it's the lack of things to do when the weather's dreary, wet & cold.

See you in a few weeks' time, Juju.

Ben said...

Ah Khoo.. Sydney's weather has been really good tis winter. Felt more like spring ^_^ Guess we will catch up in a few weeks time.

Yiing Yee Tan said...

Ping?

Ben said...

ya lah still alive. didn't knw anyone still reads tis blog ^_^ will have an update soon

Yiing Yee Tan said...

I still do!

Whatever happened to that photo thingie you were organizing?

I've been taking quite a number of photos lately - got myself a 2nd hand M8.2 with 35/1.2, 50/1.4 and 90/2.8 lenses so it's been back to basics with me.

I still use the D700 for when I'm around the kids as I can't focus fast or accurately enough with the manual focus Leica! :-( And of course for low light work...

Got some photos up on Flickr, if you're interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yiing

Let me know what you think of those!