Monday, 8 October 2007

Green

Ta front desk..my aunt, her daugther+bf, my sis, ivy and me


Ivy's and my family

My family

Green was the theme color of our JB reception. Ivy was dressed in green, my tie was green, my mum was in green ^_^ There were heaps of photos, but i have only selected a few key family photos for tis blog. I will post the whole collection in my flickr site later on. The JB reception went really well. No invitation cards were sent....we only started looking for a hairdresser, makeup artist, hand flowers and my tie 3 hours before the reception....and surprise surprise, 98% of the guest turned up, the reception started on time and my wife looked great ^_^ Ah.. the joy of ad-hoc planning :-P Special mention should be given to my mum for organizing everything... the old style of organizing, where everything is based on word and mouth and trust actually works ^_^

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well for you. Not many weddings go to plan, ad-hoc or otherwise! Everyone looking great, too. Congratulations again, dude. Looking forward to catching up with you again when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Am glad things went well. ivy looked like she lost some weight. Is that the new-look big fat tie? At least the wedding chapter has ended, which stretched on for quite some time. Hope you guys are enjoying the honeymoon now. See ya when you're back.

ps - I got my D80 last weekend but I haven't done much with it yet. Also got a 50mm f1.8 lens

Anonymous said...

Yeah, agree with Kev, for weddings the more you plan the more that can go wrong. Well, not surprised about the last minute grab and go kinda plan :)...sounds like the 2 of you. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this friday, with the Sgp reception...see you there mate.

Alan, cool...D80, why not the D200 ? That's only a tad more expensive, but the features on it are way more. Is the 50mm lens a kit lens or you got a separate one ?

Anonymous said...

Lingie,
D200 is heavy! 50mm lens is separate. It's great for low light settings & for zippy kids

Ben said...

Thanx everyone. Things have been relatively smooth. I have learnt not to ask too much and keep everything minimal. But we have been lucky to get lots of help especially for JB reception.

Ivy has lost weight. Dunno how much more she can loose.. scary.

Congrats Ah Khoo on your D80. The 50mm lense is now constantly stuck on my camera too. It seems really good for indoor shots.

Ah Teng, one thing i learnt about DSLR is that the more the functions, the more it will go wrong. Unless of course you leave it in full auto ^_^ D80 is a better hobbist camera. D200 has a magnesium alloy frame.. i think it is more suitable for Iraq type photography :-P Anyway, both of them are great cameras... including the Canon 400D.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Minimalist approach is the best. I like to use the manual mode actually. That way I can play with the shots. The good thing about D80 is the LCD screen is larger.

Now I need a nude model.....

Ben said...

Take a drive to St Kilda beach.. plenty of models there ^_^

Becareful about the manual functions, sometimes i tend to forget that i changed the settings and discover later that my photos have funny looking colors ^_^

Anonymous said...

After going through two formal receptions here, it's a great relief that they are both finally over. I can start eating more. :)

Yes, I agree, things didn't really go as planned. Unexpected mistakes, delays, unexpected guests, as well as guests whom were expected to come, didn't come... But, all ended well, I think. :P

Green is good. The new trend is to go green. Eco bags, eco bottles, eco tetra pak, eco green dresses too...

Kaz said...

maybe it's my eyes, but looks kinda blue-ish. very lovely though. beautiful dress, ivy!

happy all went well and you both can relax and concentrate on leading a happy life together.

so, ivy, how did you lose weight, ah? what's the secret?

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!

Congratulations are in order - I think I somehow missed saying that to you during the dinner but later better than never I suppose...

It was great catching up with you guys (BTW I thought you'd like to know our "breakfast" lasted me all the way to dinner) - in this day and age, every moment spent with old friends is a moment to treasure.

PS: Alan - since you've got a Nikon as well, you may want to check out the 20mm/F2.8 (fixed angle) or the 17-55/F2.8 (zoom). For the Canon guys, well...that's why you don't buy Canon! ;-)

Ben said...

Wat secret to loosing weight.. she starves.. bad bad

Ah.. Yiing Chai.. welcome to our discussion group ^_^ It was very very nice seeing all of you guys together. I think it will be a really long time before that will happen again.

I dun have the pictures to the Spore reception yet as the photographers inisisted on editing the photos before sending them to me.. looks like it will only be up in a week time.

Allo Yiing Chai.. i don't think we can afford the 17-55mm F2.8 Nikkor lense lah.. those freaking lense cost more than our whole camera kit!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still playing around with the f1.8 50mm lens. It's been great so far. May want a wide angle lens to try something different. Anyone played with filters. Have got the UV filters so far.

My pix are mainly of the kids

Ben said...

The UV filter is basically the lense protector ^_^ I did get a circular polarizer and use it for really bright days. It cuts the glare and gives sharper looking sky/clouds. Highly recommended.