I know there has been plenty of bad publicity of the APEC thingie. I am just going to add more -ve stuff to it ^_^. I am happy about the public holiday on friday.. but the absurb wall of fences, flying helicopters, zippy maritime police and sheer numbers of police were just too much. I made a journey to the city on Saturday just to experience the whole affair. And i honestly felt it was just silly. The only people the police were intimidating were the normal public. It is kinda hillarious that the only people who wanted to break into the APEC security were comedians.. and they made it thru! Australia is supposed to be a safe country.. but the australia government chose to treat Sydney as if it was Iraq and spent hundreds of millions for nothing. I had wanted to take more action shots of demostrators.. but i was too chicken.. didn't want to get my camera smashed or sent to jail for no reason :-P
On a totally different topic... I can't believe the amount of utensils i use whenever i cook.. geez. I need ivy back to do the dishes ASAP ^_^ All that below just for a single dish!!
43 comments:
You might able on tv here too if you had taken part in one of those demos. TV here showed the leaders in some kind of aus 'traditional' costume which actually looked quite funny, esp Bush.
Gee, look at the number of things you need just to whip up on dish. I am a minimalist. Use less wash less, save detergent, water, time, dry skin caused by detergent, environment... ^-^ What did you cook ? Instant noodles ?
I had my first homecooked meal in two weeks! Mom came over to cook, though there is still no soy sauce or condiments, but enough to cook up two nice and simple dishes. And, steamed rice cooked on the stove tasted 'juicy', somehow better than the rice-cooker type.
Hmmm... since when did i become the dishwasher huh ?
Aiyah, typo error on top.
The first line should be
"You might appear on tv here too..."
Aiyah, another typo error spotted.
Nevermind...
Tired. Running around fixing the things at home. Just found out that one power outlet has no power! Reminds me of your JB project. Sockets installed but no cable no connection. Must get the contractor to come again, for the umpteenth time.
And,
HI KAREN~~~~~ (waving and face down in guilt)
Sorry, have been really busy and tired to keep in touch. Will do soon (waving again)
No probs, Ivy :D See you soon in Oz maybe?
Wah, you sure use lots of stuff to cook. Like Gim! Thank goodness you wash up after yourself tho. What feast you whip up lah??
Aiya, pagar no pagar also kena moon .. harhar ..
I was cooking my own version of soup prawn noodles ^_^
Dear duck.. if you cook then i wash lor.
Ok, after reading through the last list of comments, I decided I'll write here instead. A long list there to scroll down through...
Firstly to all the girls...what is wrong with us guys and our toys ? We are guys...we play with toys...cars, PS, Xbox, Cameras, Ipod...hmmm...ok, better stop myself or I'll buy something else and end up sleep on the couch.
Hmmm...Ah Ben, you never used to use that much utensils. At least not in the time at Beddoe or Marshall.
Ok, one more day of seventh month left...tomorrow is the 1st day of the eigth month. So you can be rest assured of all your Hantu fears :)
Ah Por, did not realise you were in Sgp. Could have asked you over to my place...and helped me do the dishes...helps to relieve my load for a while. XD
Wats tis wif the gals about "waving.." thingie. Burb.
Ah Teng.. i guess i used to stir fry most of the time at beddoe. needs less utensils then. My current place doesn't have a separate compartmented kitchen.. will smell the whole place if i stir fry ^_^ anyway.. i have learnt new cooking methods since those gud old days ^_^
And i dun knw wat the gals have against we guys having toys.. as if they dun use them wen we buy them. Just wanna put the blame on us for spending the $$ and use it for themselves. Geez
Ah Ben
Referring to your last reply...
"use it for themselves" ? hmmm...where is my diamond ringgu huh? ^-^
And you do cook 'smelly' dishes like kangkong with heaps of dried shrimps (which i luv!) and sambal this, balachan that, and your smelly tofu dish (which i still can't handle) and more...
Ah Teng, i am sure Kat is a much efficient helper in the kitchen. SIA cabin crew are good in scurrying in and out the kitchen (pantry), and always shutting the curtains behind them too, which always makes me wonder why they have to be so secretive. Do you know why ?
Hi Karen, sure we will meet. You are coming, right ? ^^
dun stir fry no more ^_^ current trend is grill :-P
Eh, I thought stir-fry would use more utensils. Why prawn noodles need so much stuff?? I only use colander and pot for soup noodles.
And why can't wave meh? Shows we're friendly. Not like you uncivilised Homers who burp.
I can safely tell you I don't use most of the toys, especially if they are game toys. Ah, but the camera and ipod, those were meant for me in the first place :D Alan just coughs up the dough.
Ling-gi, you mean you no know Ivy in Sing??!!?! Apa macam.
Ivy, don't know whether I'll come to Syd now. You both need couple time together-lah - I forgot about that. Don't want to cramp your romantic urges *nudge* *wink*
You see ah..i need separate plates for the following:
- prawns (coz i only need to dip to cook)
- vege (same as above but slightly more time)
- strainer
- cutting board & knife
- large bowl 4 mee hoon
- small pot to boil eggs (yup, i put hard boiled eggs into my prawn noodles.. inspired by naruto !)
- bowl to store pealed eggs
- bowl for bones (i put pork bones into my soup and of course fried prawn shells)
- large pot to boil soup
- eating bowl (with saucer below), chopsticks and spoon
Sooo...now you know the cause of the mess?? ivy should know how much stuff i put into my single dishes ^_^
Mmmmmm ... all I can say is, wait till you have kids :D
Karen, yeah, I did not realise that Ah Por was in Sing...sigh...see, me very out of it.
Ok, let me do the perverbial thingie...(waving to all and smiling brightly)...(burp...)
Ah Por, SIA girls close the curtains so that the passengers do not see the mess that goes on inside...such as the spit that goes into the coffee of difficult passengers and the buns dropped on the floor and dusted off before putting on the tray...:) now you know why there's a curtain, so the moral, don't ever piss off a server until you've had your meal...:)
ivy, you had rice that wasn't cooked using a rice cooker?? I'm sorry to hear that. I'll demonstrate on the street just outside the Singaporean embassy tomorrow for keeping its people in the dark ages. Peace, man....
:D
I'm NOT eating Ling's chicken cacciatore (or however you spell it!). It tastes more like lemon chicken... err correction, orange chicken. Yeah, we weren't fortunate as students so had to make do with whatever we had including someone's fruit!!!
someone's fruit?? huh? you refering to your apple soup??
Ah Bak, after all these blogging by Ben and comments, now then you realise that i am not in aus! There's a good reason why i call you 'ah bak', i.e. a bit 'slow....' at times. :P
Alan, according to the folks, it's better to cook rice on stove than to cook it in an elec cooker when the serving is small. That way, you can control the depth using a smaller bowl, instead of having it flat like a pancake in a big elec cooker. :)
Those self invented cuisine during uni days... Hmmm...after all these years, i have actually forgotten most of them except the apple or banana dish, and cheese on steamed cauliflower! puke puke puke
Forgot the main one - crunchy green vegies! Lau Chui Chui specialty :P
Peace, Mich!
Old folks have their various theories , mostly to put down new stuff :-P Cooking rice on an open stove is just a test of patience.
Dunno about SIA gals actions behind curtains or in the toilet ^_^ I wud rather have gud thoughts(or fantasies.. hee hee) about their activities :-x Anyway, SIA is still one of the best airlines to take.
Since we are on the topic of memorable uni dishes.. ong-chai's "potato surprise" comes to mind.. every piece tasted different.. amazing... and lingie's bouncy egg tarts... or my salty pancakes. Come to think about it.. only we guys came out wif creative dishes. You gals are so unadventurous. Btw..cheese on steamed cauliflower was a SLOBS dish, not ours ^_^
Talk about "crunchy" chui chui.. she's has been absent from our blog discussions lately..hmmmm.
Ben, there is creative and then there is creative. I aim to create edible food :D
Yeah, where's Mich? Possibly traveling I think. She's been v busy.
I'm not going to comment on stewardesses and stewards. Traveling with two kids this time, I was rather pleased with the help I got from the cabin crew we met.
hey you all.. yes, i've been missing for a looonnnggg time... karen's right.. i've been traveling quite a bit, been to lousy non-internet places, like bintulu!
and yes ben, even if reception is on the eve of raya in singapore, sam & i will be there... and karen... will help ah yang & ling out with the looudd yam-seng!!
and, what's this about vege & ah chui.. heheh :-) dishes... argh.. sam cooks well.. but the dishes pile quite high in the sink.. but am not complaining, am fed pretty well with nice good meals.. *yum-yum*
but i still think all the guys have too many toys to play with...
HALLO MICH! *waving*
Good, another yam seng kaki :D
Ok, another (wave !!!!)...
Hey what is wrong with our creative dishes. They were edible...at least to us then. Now...hmmm, not too sure how our stomachs will take them. I'm so sad everyone forgot about my sweet meatballs...
Speaking of which, that is kinda why I no longer cook :)...that and the fact that Cat will probably refuse to eat what I cook. I limit my cooking to the occasional Roti Prata and fried eggs. Pretty much breakkie stuff.
Ah chiu, long time no hear...we only need Ah Yang in the yum seng party. Just give him a couple of AK47s and Graveyards, and he will yum seng all night...right Ah Yang ? oh yeah, I forgot, must say peace Ah Yang...
Ain't doin no wave.. :-P
Wat sweet meatballs? Ah Teng.. all your dishes are sweet anyway. Just like all of WYang dishes have soya sauce ^_^
Errr.. the spore reception is actually for the bride's side :-P You guys will be the only table representing me ^_^ However, loud noise from you guys during that nite will be appreciated. Finally managed to assemble the table.. lingie+cat, mich+sam, yyee+cat, wyang, my cousin ray and another 2 ex-spore colleagues. Tat's practically all the beddoe group members of whom i am still in contact wif in spore/msia. It will be great to catch up wif you guys then!
*wink*
Sweet meatballs, lotsa soy sauce, msg, cornstarch etc.. interesting mix of concoctions etc.... those midnite maggi meegoreng, which we then had to scrub the kuali like crazy... and whatever else... gosh.. we sure did have tough tummies...
i guess we all have improved on our cooking though these years.. but i must say, i'm kinda spoilt.. sam cooks well.. *heheh*
and give ahyang some cognac or whiskey.. in a tall glass!!! and am sure he will yamseng nice and loud!!! we will surely represent you.. no doubt about it!!
The goat can't drink anymore lah. The days wen he used to gulp down "graveyards", "AK47s" one after another are gone. Ivy on the other hand is still going strong ^_^
*sob* *sob* ... all of beddoe, and then some, but not us ...
well then, maybe we can initiate a yam seng competition between you and ivy. see who tumbang first :P
That place is not posh but the portions are big, i have heard. And...it has karaoke too. More for the aunties and uncles and other early birds. Anybody who is game for a song or two (or more!) is welcome to show off his/her talents. Goat, no 'bohemian rhapsody' pls. (*_*)"
karaoke?? huh? never knw tat.. you mean i have to listen to hokkien songs the whole nite?? looks like i better get drunk ^_^
hey, 7th mth getai is over. no hokkien songs. but old folks sing old songs... so expect some oldies, mostly chinese.
you may sing better when you are drunk. :)
oh, now I'm glad I'm not attending your dinner ... harharhar ...
Ok, now must bring earplugs...can I go for the JB one instead then ? Healthier...
So much about getting support from old friends.. sigh. Just drink more and everything will sound gud.
yeah, just drink more and you'll be the one belting out tunes on the stage!
boy oh boy, guys, I CAN'T wait to see your wedding video!
hmmm....Karen, we are not hiring any photographer or videographer. Cut cost, and embarrassment. :P
If you setup Skype video or some other means, we can be "there" too. Hayden can sing Jackie Chan & Tarcy Su's "Everyday in my life".
Maybe I'll learn some rude Hokkien songs, no?
Hmm..Ah Khoo.. it's possible. I think our phones can do it. Just need a wifi at the restaurant.
hmmm... drinks and karaoke.... that's a great combo!! hahahah...
ok. lets catch some nice pixs and then will send them across to you.. ok..??
OK, got the names on labels.
The cards will be on their way to the invitees soon~ I have chosen a traditional red design. So, if you see something red peeking around in your mailbox, that's the 'summon'.
Wha ... ??? No photographers? Oi, you guys (Ling, WY, Mich) think of something. Take photos for them or get someone else to do it. This is a very, very special day! Need to record down for their future generations. Even if photos that aren't so great (like the one I keep in the back of my closet), also should have photos, right?
No professional photographers at the moment. But i am sure i will delegate a few people to take photos ^_^ I don't think there will be any videos though.
I will bring my camera...but can't say I'm anywhere near professional...more like real lousy amateur :)...
Well, Alan, you can always record your rude hokkien song and send the clip to me...I'm sure Ben has a laptop that we can broadcast your song...alternate, it may find it's way to youtube :)...
Post a Comment