Sunday, 16 September 2007

The week that was

No photos tis week. Didn't go out to take any photos. Work preoccupied my work week and i practically Zzz thru the weekend and did a lot of planning for my upcoming trip back to Msia. Next week should be more interesting. I should be heading to brisbane to get some stuff done. Hopefully i can snap snap some photos along the way ^_^

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to brisbane huh. Should be sunnier there, right ? Take some pictures of clear blue cloudless sky. Weather here these few days has been cloudy and unstable. Reminds me of mel. Eeeeee!! :P And, a lot of people i know around me have fallen sick. Mom is one of them. 3 doctors in less than 1 week. I have seen 4 doctors in 1 week, on co's expense. Must make good use of it before i leave. :)

Kaz said...

You're killing me with your comments, Ivy! *bwahahahahah*

Hope you and your mom get better soon.

Enjoy Brizzie, JJ. Hope you don't get torrential rain like we did when we last visited. It's quite a nice place. Wouldn't mind taking the kids there sometime.

Ben said...

i now wince whenever people take mc's like ducky does. i move people's desk to the toilet if they pull tat stunt in the factory ^_^

Anonymous said...

how come some people in the southern hemisphere are still not sleeping huh...

excuse me, i do not abuse MCs. i went to the doctors 4 times, but only took half day MC even though i was given full day MC for that day when i was really feeling lethargic. I even rejected the offer of MC on another occasion.

In Japan, there is this term called "house sickness" which means sickness caused by the strong chemicals and synthetic things used in fresh paint, new furniture, floor...and it's not uncommon.

OK, have to admit. The partial and minor reason for going to the doctors so frequently was also to stock up my supply before leaving for aus, free of charge. :P

Kaz said...

Oh god, I'm laughing even more now ... harharhar ...

Ben said...

You haven't been watching border security lately eh.. they check people for prescription meds ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Ben you better watch out...Ah Por looks like showing signs of a potential drug abuser. Stocking up on free drugs before she leave ?

Hey, what MC...if they can walk, they can work....(whip whip...cane cane...whip whip...)...bwah ha ha ha...no MCs unless the ambulance needs to be called...

Ben said...

i agree wif ah teng. if we have to work wen we are sick.. so must everyone else!!

Anonymous said...

Eat an apple a day... that's what I do.

Ring the drugs hotline: 1300 DOD RUG if you need help.

Ben said...

very funny ah khoo.. you even managed to con yr own sis into thinking tat you were hiring your kids out to be flower boy/gal.

mich said...

MC.. what MC.. I usually question the idea of MC.. It's been years since I've seen one... though my guys always throw them to me... argh!!

Well.. you have fun in sunny brisbane.. it's been pouring in the afternoons here... Roasting hot in the morning and pouring cold in the afternoon.. every here is sick as well!!!

I'm keeping away from all these sick fellas..

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a couple of hours off work is all we need. It can be due to a cramp or diarrhea or... something that only needs a couple of hours to recover. Unfortunately some companies don't have such practice, so leaving their staff no other option but to take MC. Well, that's the employees' point of view. Of course, employers think otherwise. :)

wow, ah bak, your "can walk can work" mentality sounds very HP-ish, which recently cost an overworked HP lady's life, didnt it ? her blog was viewed by a lot of people here. i have seen it too.

the newest 'drug' i am addicted to now is tiger balm. thanks to ah ben's recommendation.

Jun Han's father said...

MC is the topic. It's very interesting. Thank you all, I love reading all of them.

Here's my story. My son got 2-days MC from a GP because of his left eye is a little bit red. He said I can use it a reason to apply for leave. Ivy you can use this idea next time, when you;re a mother! Anyway, i don't like this doctor, cos his is very mono like talking to a wall, small incident like this; like big hoo-ha!

Ben said...

Alamak.. how come we land up talking about taking MC to getting free medicine to ponteng school.

Face it, you don't need to be sick to get a MC. In fact, the very concept of MC is flawed that's why many "modern" companies give about 5 days a year for "no reason asked" leave on top of the annual leave.

wyang, you don't need to use your son's red eye as reason for MC.. i can poke yours.. more convincing ^_^

btw.. getting free medicine is quite a waste of time. there is a very short use by date on most medicine.

Anonymous said...

WY, i would rather ask the doc to write me an MC to look after my kid. Why do kids need MC ??

The previous company in Mel has 17 days of "personal leave" which any employee can use for any personal reason. It can be due to one's kid, or a neighbor's cat just got hit by a car and you need to look after that mourning neighbor, or the aircon leaking gas... This is on top of the 20 days annual leave. :)

Jun Han's father said...

I did not ask MC for my kid. In fact I was very busy that day. I have to take 0.5 leave and still need to do TC with a colleague in UK from home. I wasted my annual leave ... sigh! Lousy doctor that make big hoo-har on red eye thing.

BTW, I envy Ivy got 37 days leave while working in Australia.

Ben said...

Tat's Oz for you.. You get min 20 days annual leave here.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 37 days of leave a year...can do a lot with that. Wish I had something like that.

Hmmm...Ah Por, the girl...well...ok no answer....just BIG GRIN...

Ah Yang, getting MC because son is sick...hmmm...that is a new one.

Jun Han's father said...

hello Ling, I did not get MC. The MC is given my son by the doctor. I have to take annual leave to take care of my son. Get it?!

Hi Ivy, i got your invitation card for the dinner on 12-Oct. Only I attend. Will there be a transport to JB, after dinner; cos my wife may take the car /w kids back to JB?

Anonymous said...

Hi WY

Errrrr... there is no transport after the dinner. everyone is expected to be drunk, if not dead drunk. no drink and drive pls. :P

ben's parents will be staying here for one night. actually, i don't know how they are going back the following day. i will let ah ben tell you about it himself. :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun you guys! I wish I could be there! Congratulations (again) Ben & Ivy. My experiece with MC is that it is useless. I only get sick on weekends and by the time Monday comes along I'm well again. So I only take MC when I don't want to work. With us, MC one day no need doctors MC - just verbal MC good enuf.

Anonymous said...

MC = good if you're not really sick. Many Aussie companies have the standard 5-7 days "no questions asked" 'sickies'. Fortunately for my company, I do not partake in such things although I do take time off to do my banking, "personal matters", movies, golf, etc..

Yours sincerely,
Employee of the Month

Kaz said...

Yes, Alan's no-MC practice ads up to possibly over 37 days a year :P

And I'm unable to avail myself to MC either. Sick like a dog still need to feed, clean, play, carry ...