20 mins is the amount of time it takes me to walk to work from my apartment. After 3 weeks of walks.. my pants feels looser ^_^ I now have more work to do and am slowly getting used to the style of work here. The work pace is a lot slower and they have amazing budgets. I have never worked in a project where i did not need to worry about the cost of materials.. till now ^_^ Attached are photos of my daily routine to and from work:
1st milestone when walking to work.. crossing the iron bridge. I quite enjoy the walk.. the weather has been mostly good and the air is chilly.
I tend to sneak out of the office during lunch for short walks.. tis is one of my stopping points..rhodes river side.
Back home.. i can leave work at 5pm..spot on... have never experienced such a luxury in my whole career ^_^ Too bad the sun sets at 5pm tis time of the year.. the amber sky view ain't too bad.

Tis is a totally unrelated photo from my walk back. Ivy and me made a trip to bondi beach over the weekend. I have an ex colleague who runs an internet cafe there...photo of his place is above. He later took over the sun glasses business next door.. these chinese business guys are rather amazing.
11 comments:
ben.. sounds great to leave work sharp at 5pm... i like the sunsetting sky...
Mr. Ho,
Good to know you are settling in well. Enjoying work?
I was up at Newcastle just last week - not quite Sydney but at least in the same state!
mich.. yeah ta sunset view here is nice ^_^ it's just tat i have to walk really fast before i loose all light :-p
akhoo..errrr.. you will have to arrive in sydney before getting to newcastle rite?
No, I can fly straight to Newcastle. Good thing it's Jetstar, which uses the Airbus. Qantas no longer flies that route and that's fortunate for me because the previous time I flew to Newcastle on Qantas, I was in a turbo-prop plane -- bloody noisy & uncomfortable!
Ben, where exactly is your office? Rhodes?
Akhoo, it's Q3 already. I (or shall I say we) are still waiting....... Guess we'll have to wait till Q4 eh!
ah kim, it's right opposite the rhodes station on blaxland rd ^_^
Wow, I envy you being able to walk to work. It's so relaxing, rather then the hussle and bussle of traffic and rude drivers on the road.
Wow, I envy you being able to walk to work. It's so relaxing, rather then the hussle and bussle of traffic and rude drivers on the road.
Lingie,
How are C+C and your wifey doing? Be prepared for sleep deprivation for the first 2 months.
Send our love.
C&C are growing...one just came home today, and the other will come home tomorrow. Wifey is recovering still, and we're gearing up for the battle ahead.
lingie.. wen will we be able to see pict of your gals??
Post a Comment